1 organic chicken – portioned
Freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves – peeled and finely grated (or chopped, if preferred)
Pinch ground ginger
Small pinch saffron threads
1 sweet Spanish onion, finely chopped
285 ml chicken stock
55 grams green olives, thinly sliced
1 preserved lemon, thinly sliced
Sea salt, to taste
- Season the chicken pieces with black pepper, mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, rub over the chicken, marinate for about two hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place into a large saucepan.
- Add a pinch of black pepper, ground ginger and saffron.
- Brown the chicken portions then add the onion and gently fry for two minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, partially cover with the lid and simmer for an hour, or until tender.
- Add the lemons and olives, season lightly with the sea salt and continue to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat, remove the chicken and place onto a serving dish, reserve.
- Put the sauce through a food mill or sieve, return to the saucepan, place over a gently heat and cook until thickened.
- Serve with the chicken and couscous.